2cureX decides on rights issue prior to market launch of IndiTreat®
April 24, 2019
Press Releases Regulatory
2cureX AB (“2cureX”) today announces that the Board of Directors, with the support of the authorisation from the Extraordinary General Meeting on April 2nd, 2019, has decided to conduct a rights issue of shares that can provide a maximum of approximately SEK 24.7 million to the company before issue costs. The general public is also invited to subscribe for shares in the rights issue. The rights issue is conducted with the purpose of financing pre-launch and market launch of IndiTreat®, completion of ongoing clinical validation studies and establishment of additional commercial testing centers in the countries where market launch is planned. The issue proceeds are expected to carry 2cureX into a positive cash flow, which is expected to be reached as early as 2021. 2cureX has beforehand received pre-subscription commitments and guarantee commitments totaling approximately 79 percent of the issue volume.
Motivation for the rights issue
2cureX has, since the listing on Nasdaq Stockholm First North in November 2017, achieved all stated objectives. Furthermore, the company has accelerated the development by initiating clinical validation studies together with clinical partners within two further cancer indications as well as preventive cancer medicine. Thanks to the intensive development and the CE-IVD marking received at the end of 2018, 2cureX has the opportunity to do a pre-launch of IndiTreat® in selected key markets, followed by a potential earlier market launch. In order to take advantage of the extensive interest in IndiTreat®, the Board of Directors of 2cureX has now decided on a rights issue of a total of approximately SEK 24.7 million before issue costs. The issue proceeds are intended to finance the pre-launch and market launch of IndiTreat®, the completion of ongoing clinical validation studies and the establishment of commercial test centers in the countries where market launch is planned. 2cureX currently has clinical testing centers in Germany and Denmark, but has the ambition to also launch test centers in Sweden and England during H1 2019. The issue proceeds are expected to carry 2cureX to a positive cash flow, which is expected to be reached in 2021.
The offer in brief
- Subscription period: 9-23 May 2019.
- Subscription price: SEK 11.95 per share.
- Issue volume: The offer comprises a maximum of 2,070,000 shares, corresponding to approximately SEK 24.7 million.
- Record date and preferential rights: Record date is May 3rd, 2019. Last day for trading in the share including the right to receive subscription rights is April 30th, 2019. The first day for trading in the share excluding the right to receive subscription rights is May 2nd, 2019. Those who on the record date May 3rd, 2019 are registered as shareholders in 2cureX AB owns preferential rights to subscribe for shares in the rights issue. For each existing share one (1) subscription right is received. Five (5) subscription rights entitle to subscribe for one (1) new share. The public is also invited to subscribe for shares in the rights issue.
- Pre-subscription commitments and guarantee commitments: 2cureX has received pre-subscription commitments of approx. SEK 12.5 million, corresponding to approx. 50 percent of the issue volume and guarantee commitments of approx. SEK 7 million, corresponding to approx. 29 percent of the issue volume. In total, pre-subscription commitments and guarantee commitments correspond to approx. 79 percent of the total issue volume. The guarantee is a so-called “Top guarantee”, which means that if e.g. the rights issue is subscribed to 85 percent, the guarantee commitment will be executed for the remaining 15 percent up to a fully subscribed rights issue. For the guarantee commitment, a cash premium of ten percent is paid.
- Number of shares before new issue: 10,350,000 shares.
- Trading in subscription rights: Will take place on Nasdaq Stockholm First North during the period May 9th until May 21st, 2019.
- Trading in BTA: Will take place on Nasdaq Stockholm First North from May 9th, 2019 and continue until the new issue has been registered with the Swedish Companies Registration Office. This registration is expected to take place in mid-June 2019.
New date for publication of Q1 report
2cureX hereby announces that the Q1 report will be published on May 8th, 2019 instead of May 17th, 2019.
Financial advisor, issuing agent and legal advisor
Sedermera Fondkommission is the financial advisor and issuing agent of 2cureX in connection with the rights issue. Markets & Corporate Law acts as the legal advisor.
Phone: +46 40 615 14 15
For more information about 2cureX:
Ole Thastrup, CEO
Phone: +45 22 11 53 99
This information is information that 2cureX AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, on April 24th, 2019.
2cureX has developed a test called IndiTreat® (Individual Treatment Design), which is a patented method for selecting the right drug for the right patient. IndiTreat® establishes thousands of 3D micro-tumours that are functionally similar to the patient’s tumour. From a large panel of approved cancer treatments IndiTreat® selects the best treatment for the individual patient. IndiTreat® is expected to become a standard tool in the treatment design for cancer patients.
IndiTreat® is currently being clinically validated in colorectal cancer, ovarian cancer, pancreatic cancer and preventive cancer medicine. The clinical studies are conducted at major cancer hospitals in Denmark, Germany and United Kingdom.
The company is listed at the Nasdaq First North stock exchange in Stockholm (symbol “2CUREX”).